Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January blues.


Every January this happens to me - when we take our Christmas tree down, I feel like everything looks empty! Our tree was oh, so lovely this year (okay, I say that every year, but this Christmas, it fit just perfectly in our apartment, see?), and right now the corner looks like it's really missing the yalynka! We also had such a wonderful Christmas at home with our families, and now that the tree is gone, it really cements the fact that the holidays are over and we're in the middle of a winter freeze, both literally, as it's really, really cold outside, and figuratively, with school and WI Bar studies (yup...) starting to take up our time. 

We absolutely can't wait for warmer weather and all the fun it will bring - I'm so ready for taking the 10 minute walk to the lake and not freezing my ears off! To make up for the cold outside, we've stayed busy baking and cooking warm and comforting foods, including these ah-mah-zing (how I love Happy Endings...) chocolate chip cookies! I'm linking to the recipe because my sister said she was going to make these today - I'm pretty sure these have become my favorite chocolate chip cookies of all time. 


Right now it's actually warmed up to a balmy 11 degrees...time to celebrate! We'll be baking bread and cooking up some spicy noodles for dinner tonight. Stay warm, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...